Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thing 6 -- Online Image Generators

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com

Trading card image from Flickr

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I did a bit more exploration of online image generators; I tried using both the Trading Cards from Big Huge Labs and images from Image Chef. The images I experimented with were a Winter Reading Program button, a William Shakespeare trading card (earlier this week, I visited a high school English class to share a bit about library services; the class has been reading Macbeth), and a license plate with the Summer Reading Program theme for summer 2008. Again, these sites could be useful in generating visual images to add to the web site as well as the library.

As a matter of fact, I DID just go and add the winter reading program button to the section of the library web site including information about the winter reading program. I played around with shifting the location of the image and finally settled on putting it underneath the text. Here's a question for someone more tech savvy than I--how would I put the corresponding text to the right of the image, rather than having the picture above or below the text? (I managed to get it in the MIDDLE of the text, but that didn't look at all good! If seeing the site would help you answer my question, it's here.

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

http://www.ImageGenerator.org has 5,000 more Web 2.0 image creators (make buttons, digital scrapbooking, banners, sigs, avatars, comics, photocards, fake magazine covers, wordart/logos, gags, posters, etc).